[AFS3-std] Call for nomination for the position of AFS3-standardization co-chair

Jeffrey Hutzelman jhutz@cmu.edu
Fri, 12 Aug 2011 17:08:57 -0400

On Wed, 2011-08-10 at 11:00 -0400, Jeffrey Altman wrote:
> On 8/10/2011 10:10 AM, Matt W. Benjamin wrote:
> > Second.
> >
> > ----- "Douglas E. Engert" <deengert@anl.gov> wrote:
> >
> >> I (as a group member, not as co-chair) would like to place in
> >> nomination
> >> for the co-chair of the AFS3-standardization group, Jeffrey
> >> Hutzelman.
> >>
> >> Jeff's IETF experiences, knowledge of AFS, and
> >> organizations skills make him an ideal candidate for the position.

Accept.

> I believe that Jeff would make an excellent chair (if he has time) but
> would prefer that the Chair not also be a registrar.

I'd very much like to take a -- I was going to say "less active", but I
really mean more like "less blocking" -- role in the registrar process.
We actually have other registrars; perhaps if we can get them truly spun
up to the point where they are handling day-to-day requests, such things
can actually be handled day-to-day.

That said, I don't think there's a strong conflict here; neither chairs
nor registrars are intended as a check on the power of the other.

-- Jeff