Fwd: [AFS3-std] Call for nomination for the position of AFS3-standardization co-chair

Hartmut Reuter reuter@rzg.mpg.de
Thu, 18 Aug 2011 14:26:53 +0200

Douglas E. Engert wrote:
> Today is the day to announce the nominations. But I am having
> problems getting in touch with our co-chair, Hartmut. The
> co-chairs have to agree on the nominations, and count the votes.
>
> I have not heard from him since March. I have a note into
> 3 contacts and the secretaries at rzg.mpg.de to see if
> they know anything. (They may not see the note till tomorrow.)
>
> Has anyone heard anything?
>
> (It could just be August is vacation time for many of us, and
> in the future we should consider moving back the elections
> till a month or two.)

Doug,

sorry for the delay, I was in holidays without access to my mail, but now I am
back. I have now followed the last weeks of the mailing list and it seems to me
that there are only three nominations:

Kim Kimball
Jeffrey Hutzelman
Mike Meffie

where Kim still hasn't replied to the question if he would accept his nomination.

So now we either could follow strictly Simon Wilkinson's proposal and start the
voting with two candidates or we could do it less strictly and wait for an
answer of Kim before starting the voting.

What do you prefer, Doug? I am open for both ways.

Hartmut

Hartmut Reuter                  e-mail 		reuter@rzg.mpg.de
			   	phone 		 +49-89-3299-1328
			   	fax   		 +49-89-3299-1301
RZG (Rechenzentrum Garching)   	web    http://www.rzg.mpg.de/~hwr
Computing Center of the Max-Planck-Gesellschaft (MPG) and the
Institut fuer Plasmaphysik (IPP)