[AFS3-std] Voting for the position of AFS3-standardization co-chair

Thu, 18 Aug 2011 13:28:01 -0400

--------------enig8FEAB52BF40AA5AACDC0015E

On 8/18/2011 1:20 PM, David Boyes wrote:
>> As an elector, it would help me in casting my vote if the candidates w=
ould be
>> prepared to say something on the list about their vision for the
>> standardisation process, what time they are prepared to devote to the =
job,
>> and how they think we can best move things forwards.
>=20
> While an excellent idea, it's not in the process right now. Since we ha=
ve already started the voting, shouldn't we postpone introducing this unt=
il next time (and put this in the charter doc)?
>=20
> -- db

I see no reason why people who are running for an office should feel it
within their own powers to communicate with those they are intending to
serve.

A failure to respond to a request from the community is an indication to
me that I shouldn't vote for the unresponsive nominee.  It has nothing
to do with what is or is not required by the process.

Jeffrey Altman