[AFS3-std] Re: Voting for the position of AFS3-standardization co-chair

Russ Allbery rra@stanford.edu
Thu, 18 Aug 2011 10:57:07 -0700

David Boyes <dboyes@sinenomine.net> writes:

> I would like them too. But I want them from all candidates so that I'm
> comparing apples to apples, and that every candidate has an equal
> probability of receiving votes from all the electors.

You are free to reflect that desire in the way that you vote, in the same
way that others are free to reflect their desires for statements in the
way that they vote.  The rules, so far as I know, don't put any
restrictions on what factors influence the votes of the people who are
eligible to vote.

I suspect we've already exerted more effort arguing about this than it
really warranted.