[AFS3-std] Re: Encoding IPvN addresses

Matt W. Benjamin matt@linuxbox.com
Fri, 11 Feb 2011 11:43:43 -0500 (EST)

Hi Andrew,

XCB is structured as a "bulk" interface.  Clients receive a sequence (actually sequences) of messages, where the messages are in the union (ditto for results).  I understood the interesting case to be if a client receives a sequence of callbacks of intermixed known and known type.  I would expect clients to ignore unknown messages, but I guess the point at issue is whether a sequence containing unexpected union records can even be decoded.  Can it?

Matt

--

Matt Benjamin

The Linux Box