[AFS3-std] Re: XCB union decoding (was Re: Encoding IPvN addresses)

Andrew Deason adeason@sinenomine.net
Fri, 11 Feb 2011 17:06:12 -0600

On Fri, 11 Feb 2011 17:52:42 -0500
Tom Keiser <tkeiser@sinenomine.net> wrote:

> Ok.  Both yours and JHutz's arguments make perfect sense.  Moving on
> to the design, I've only had time to skim the conversations so far,
> however I gather the proposal is to create a derivative of section
> 4.15 of rfc 4506, which adds a length field as follows (hence why
> Andrew has been calling it a TLV encoding):

Section 6, too; we need the specification language modifications. I
believe that should be the same as the existing union, except you don't
get to specify a default arm.

I was also originally thinking this would just be in the same I-D
together with the address and time definitions, but I'm not sure if
that's appropriate anymore... as this is more at the level of XDR, and
the others are types used in AFS3 that are composed of XDR primitives.

--
Andrew Deason
adeason@sinenomine.net