[AFS3-std] Re: A call for consensus on draft-brashear-afs3-pts-extended-names-07

Douglas E. Engert deengert@anl.gov
Wed, 12 Jan 2011 11:39:53 -0600

On 1/6/2011 3:08 PM, Douglas E. Engert wrote:
> Derrick has sent the requested text to the list see below. We need some
> comments from the list, as to OK.

In the view of this chair, we have received many positive comments and
no negative comments on the explanation, and thus the consensus is that
the draft-brashear-afs3-pts-extended-names-07 should be accepted.

The way I am reading draft-wilkinison-afs3-standardisation-00 Section
2.3.3, the pts draft should be moved to experimental, which would require
the author to add the explanation and submit it to the RFC editors
as experimental.

Section 2.3.3 also says: "it needs to be confirmed that the RFC Editor
is happy with this." I propose that we just send it in, and see how it goes.
Anyone got any other in sight into how the editors would handle this?

Do we need any additional text saying the afs3-standardization@openafs.org
has consensus for the draft and tat is why it is experimental?