[AFS3-std] A call for consensus on draft-deason-afs3-type-time-02

Mykyta Yevstifeyev evnikita2@gmail.com
Thu, 21 Jul 2011 07:00:24 +0300

Hello,

Reading this draft, I don't actually understand why you chose to publish
it as RFC.  RFC 2026, Section 2.1 says:

>     RFCs cover a wide range of
>     topics in addition to Internet Standards, from early discussion of
>     new research concepts to status memos about the Internet.

However, even such definition doesn't match your document.  There is no
statement of why it should be useful for Internet community; nor may it
be simply deduced from its contents.  If I'm saying something wrong,
please feel free to correct me.  However, even though RFCs have a wide
scope, IMO it's appropriate to publish the draft as an RFC.  You may
also seek an advice of somebody from the IESG <iesg@ietf.org> (see also
http://www.ietf.org/iesg/members.html) about appropriateness of RFC
publication vehicle here.

Mykyta Yevstifeyev