[AFS3-std] AFS-3 XDR discriminated union primitive type I-D

Simon Wilkinson simon@sxw.org.uk
Mon, 7 Mar 2011 23:47:56 +0000

On 7 Mar 2011, at 20:46, Tom Keiser wrote:

> Hi all,
>=20
> I've published a new I-D, based upon the on-list consensus from the =
other week, defining a new discriminated union primitive type.  Feedback =
and comments are hereby invited...

I'm puzzled as to why length isn't just the length of the arm. If you =
modify the encoding so that length is just the length of the encoded =
arm, then you can actually decode these "new" unions using an existing =
rpcgen, by encoding them as

struct {
   int type;
   opaque arm;
}

... which I suspect might come in useful somewhere down the line.

Cheers,

Simon.