[AFS3-std] Re: rxgk: Version numbers in XDR structures

Matt W. Benjamin matt@linuxbox.com
Thu, 10 Mar 2011 11:53:40 -0500 (EST)

Hi,

Right, I don't see how we are altering XDR, rather rx.  I would have said that by creating the rxUnion we have increased the potential utility of rx for some hypothetical applications other than afs, but the utility remains potential until such an application (using the rxUnion, in fact) exists?

Also, it wouldn't seem that extension of rx with new primitives changes things for rx standardization--who would do it, when it 'must' be done, etc.  Is there a group other than the afs community with an expressed interest in standardizing rx?

Thanks,

Matt

--

Matt Benjamin