[AFS3-std] more than a year later...

Jeffrey Hutzelman jhutz@cmu.edu
Tue, 27 Sep 2011 11:23:51 -0400

On Tue, 2011-09-27 at 09:15 -0500, David Boyes wrote:
> > 6 months later...

So, _I_ was replying to a 6-month-old message.
I'm not sure what point you're trying to make with this quote, or with
the subject.  Perhaps you'd like to clarify?

> Now that the handover apparently is complete

What gave you that idea?  AFAIK I don't take office until October 1.

> could the new chairs
>  comment on the estimated publication schedule for the documents in
>  queue?

No.  Well, I can't speak for Hartmut.

I can't comment on anything, because I'm not up to speed yet.  When I
am, I still don't think I'll be able to tell you much.  There is no hard
schedule for getting documents done; that depends on how much time
people have to contribute to discussions and edit and review documents.
A document is done when it's done, and we have consensus on it, not when
some arbitrary deadline passes.

Unfortunately, even after a document is approved, I can provide only
limited insight into how long it takes for it to be published.  IETF
working group documents seem to take a couple of months from approval to
publication, provided the document is of reasonable size and there are
no significant delays in AUTH48 or due to dependencies on other
documents.  However, IIRC the RFC Publication Center assigns higher
priority (and thus more cycles) to IETF stream documents than to the
Independent stream.  So, the publication delay for our documents may be
longer.

-- Jeff