[AFS3-std] IBM will not re-license OpenAFS .xg files

Harald Barth haba@kth.se
Tue, 28 Aug 2012 13:44:09 +0200 (CEST)

>> what is the origin of the arla .xg files?  they seem to have the
>> 3-clause bsd license but if they were written using the ibm
>> documentation they are potentially tainted.
>
> Ah, yes, that's a good point.  Those may be clean-room reimplementations,
> in which case they could be used as a starting point.

AFAIK: Arlas files were written by looking at the protocol on the
wire, not into some one elses .xg files. I think the 3-clause on these
files is correct. Assar, Love and Magnus know for sure.

Harald.