[AFS3-std] Re: IBM will not re-license OpenAFS .xg files

Harald Barth haba@kth.se
Wed, 29 Aug 2012 22:00:39 +0200 (CEST)

> I also think that is becoming less and less true, since the lack
> of ipv6 support, lack of strong crypto, and lack of reasonable wire
> speed, and other features, are becoming blocking issues for an
> increasing number of users.

I already see organizations moving from (Open)AFS to other
protocols/products (NFS (3,4), Lustre) because of these lacks. If AFS
not really really soon fixes these issues (and the organizations who
use AFS really don't care if we need a "protocol change" or not to
achieve that), that will be a much bigger problem.

Harald.