[AFS3-std] Re: IBM will not re-license OpenAFS .xg files

Andrew Deason adeason@sinenomine.net
Wed, 29 Aug 2012 18:08:53 -0500

On Wed, 29 Aug 2012 15:22:49 -0400
Derrick Brashear <shadow@gmail.com> wrote:

> > So, from this, what I hear is that the reason standards don't get
> > done is that standards aren't as important as OpenAFS implementation
> > tasks A, B, and C.
>
> How about "as interesting to the pool of people currently working on
> things"?

Well, I was just interpreting Russ' previous paragraph. Yeah, I'd agree
that's probably a pretty big reason. I'm not sure how much of that is
intrinsic to the kind of work being done; I expect quite a bit of it is
not, in my inexperienced, possibly naive way of thinking.

--
Andrew Deason
adeason@sinenomine.net