[AFS3-std] IBM will not re-license OpenAFS .xg files

Michael Meffie mmeffie@sinenomine.net
Fri, 31 Aug 2012 17:05:46 -0400

On Tue, 28 Aug 2012 19:34:28 -0500
Jeffrey Hutzelman <jhutz@cmu.edu> wrote:

> I still believe our working documents should take the form of
> Internet-Drafts, and should be distributed via the I-D repository.
> However, at this point my position is that we are better off publishing
> completed documents ourselves.

Agreed.

On the format; I have been thinking about this as well.  At one point, long
ago, I considered if this group published via our own repository, we could be less
strict on the format, to lower the barrier of entry for authors. After
some thought, the I-D format is a proven format, and tooling is already
available.

--
Michael Meffie <mmeffie@sinenomine.net>