[AFS3-std] new version of extensible XDR union draft

Tom Keiser tkeiser@sinenomine.net
Sun, 8 Jan 2012 10:22:14 -0500

Hi all,

I have published draft-keiser-afs3-xdr-union-04.  I believe I have
responded to all open comments; reviews and critiques are welcomed.

http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-keiser-afs3-xdr-union-04

Here is the change log since -03:

 - Modify the decoding algorithm so that we perform depth-first
   XDR decoding of nested ext-unions rather than attempting to
   use heuristics to validate implied leg lengths prior to performing
   decoding of implied legs
 - Add grammar for the max-unknown-leg-length optional parameter
 - Add a justification for the max-unknown-leg-length optional parameter
 - Move the justification for implementing ext-union on top of an opaque
   above the example C structure defining an ext-union using an opaque
 - Add an error handling specification to deal with the optional
   max-unknown-leg-length specification

Cheers,

-Tom