[AFS3-std] draft-wilkinson-afs3-rxgk-afs-01 comments

Matt W. Benjamin matt@linuxbox.com
Thu, 7 Jun 2012 13:02:10 -0400 (EDT)

Hi Simon,

This does make sense.  It has been understood that extended callback invocations other than "cancel" must be restricted to a secure channel  (when this security model is in force, Jeff Altman has mentioned another profile which might be used in restricted circumstances, I don't know if that is still under consideration).  Since "cancel" is nothing more than BCB with another name, there is no benefit to using the extended callback interface, except potentially for implementation convenience.

Regards,

Matt