[AFS3-std] Re: rxgk GSSNegotiate errorcode field

Andrew Deason adeason@sinenomine.net
Wed, 31 Oct 2012 18:19:00 -0500

On Wed, 31 Oct 2012 18:43:41 -0400 (EDT)
Benjamin Kaduk <kaduk@MIT.EDU> wrote:

> [...]
[...]
> This field is explicitly *not* a GSS error code,
[...]
> So, the GSS error codes would all be in gss_major_status and
> gss_minor_status[...]

Right, sorry, I forgot those existed when I was looking at this diff.

> I am not strongly tied to this text, or even to having the errorcode
> field be defined to hold application-specific values.  If someone
> wants to advocate having a registry for these values established in
> this document, we can talk about that, but policy does feel
> application-specific to me.

I'm fine with the text you have, and with this being
application-specific. However, I believe that means that the application
protocol must define some meaning for this field, so that means the
rxgk-afs draft must say something about this. I think rxgk-afs should
specify that the values for AFS are maintained in a registry.

That is a matter for rxgk-afs, not for this, but I just mention that
because it needs to not get lost.

--
Andrew Deason
adeason@sinenomine.net