[AFS3-std] Re: rxgk token expiry

Matt W. Benjamin matt@linuxbox.com
Wed, 31 Oct 2012 23:29:53 -0400 (EDT)

Hi Troy,

There is no special rxk5 callback problem, it's the same as with rxkad, for traditional AFS-3.  But with new RPCs as we did later with extended callback information, the callback channel must be protected, to get an equivalent level of security.  We did some work towards adding an anonymous, secure backchannel using the rxk5 framework, but there has been no interest from the community in rxk5 essentially, and we stopped work on it.

Matt