[AFS3-std] afs3-stds document repository

Michael Meffie mmeffie@sinenomine.net
Wed, 24 Oct 2012 16:43:11 -0400

Greetings,

As discussed and agreed, Jeffrey and I have created a site to maintain the
list of documents which this group as agreed has reached experimental and
standard status, as described in "Options for AFS Standardization".  This new
site is hosted at grand.central.org and will be maintained by AFS3-stds chairs.

The location is:

  http://afs3-stds.central.org/

The "Authentication Name Mapping extension for AFS-3 Protection Service"
document is considered to have the status of _experimental_, meaning the group
has generally agreed the specification is complete for implementation, and will
advance to when at least one successful implementation has been deployed (as
described in our provisional charter).

I have created a separate section to list accepted process documents, which for
the time being lists only the "Options for AFS Standardization" document. I intend
to submit additional drafts for review to, hopefully, clarify and improve our document
authoring and review work.

The finally section lists the drafts which have been submitted for review by
this group. It is my hope we can progress through this list of documents,
based on the consensus of this group on the priority of each document.  I am of
the opinion draft-wilkinson-afs3-rxgk are draft-wilkinson-afs3-rxgk-afs are of
highest priority.

I would like to thank everyone for the work done to date and look forward to
reviving the important work being done by this group.

Best regards,
Mike

--
Michael Meffie <mmeffie@sinenomine.net>