[AFS3-std] afs3-rxgk-updates for 03

Jeffrey Hutzelman jhutz@cmu.edu
Tue, 30 Oct 2012 12:27:42 -0400

On Tue, 2012-10-30 at 10:21 -0400, Derrick Brashear wrote:
> Actually, and people can feel free to tell me i'm wrong, the thing
> that would make this easy to review in
> terms of diff would be gerrit, because it uses coloring to show you
> only what the changes are, not even
> whole lines but as little as a single character.

a new I-D, or even two (one with Simon's changes so far and another with
changes since then).  For drafts that are actually in the I-D
repository, tools.ietf.org provides a number of useful tools to assist
in review,
including two kinds of word-diff.

I think deploying a gerrit instance to facilitate "group" document
editing is overkill.  Part of the job of a document editor is to turn
discussion into changes to the document, and periodically prepare new
revisions.  While some group wordsmithing is occasionally necessary,
that can easily be done via the mailing list, and having the group do
word-by-word textual review of every edit is usually counterproductive
(in a fairly literal sense -- it reduces everyone's productivity).

Just my (personal) $0.02.

-- Jeff