[AFS3-std] rxgk CombineTokens and enctypes

Jeffrey Hutzelman jhutz@cmu.edu
Thu, 03 Jan 2013 21:19:47 -0500

On Thu, 2013-01-03 at 17:13 -0500, Benjamin Kaduk wrote:
> On Wed, 2 Jan 2013, Benjamin Kaduk wrote:
>
> > On Wed, 2 Jan 2013, Simon Wilkinson wrote:
> >

> >> e3d56ed22fcbd08200033192b87ed04f6cb96e64 adds the reference to com_err
> >> codes, but doesn't add any reference explaining what com_err is - I think
> >> we need something here - hopefully there's an easy reference we can steal?
> >
> > If no one pops up with something, I can take a look.
>
> It turns out that Ken Raeburn wrote a paper.  Unfortunately, the most
> canonical-looking source for it is as com_err.texinfo inside com_err.tar.Z
> on ftp://athena-dist.mit.edu....

I think this is actually OK, more or less.  It doesn't need to be a
normative reference, provided the table contains the actual codes.  The
individual error tables are one of the few things that haven't been
moved over to the new registrar site, and I'm not sure what we'll do
when they are, but for now each table provided in three forms: as an
HTML table, as a .et file, and as a header file similar to what would be
produced by compile_et.

-- Jeff