[AFS3-std] AFS3 standardization status

Michael Meffie mmeffie@sinenomine.net
Wed, 9 Jan 2013 15:21:27 -0500

Happy news years all.  This is the current AFS3-Stds status.

AFS3 standards repository
-------------------------

As a reminder, the web site for hosting approved documents and related
information is available on grand.central.org.

    http://afs3-stds.central.org
    /afs/grand.central.org/www/afs3-stds.central.org/
    /afs/grand.central.org/www/afs3-stds.central.org/docs  (approved docs)

A status page has been created to track the progress of draft documents.

    http://afs3-stds.central.org/drafts.html

Active Drafts: rxgk
-------------------

Work on the rxgk draft is nearing completion for a draft 03. Thank you Simon
for this original draft and Ben for making changes to this document.

Descriptions of the CombinedTokens RPC errors remain to be completed and are in
progress. Please continue to use the mail list for discussions.

The draft 03 will be published on the IETF tools site after those edits are
completed for a final review. Assuming no other objections are raised, a call
for consensus for experimental status will be made.

The work in progress document is available on github:

    https://github.com/kaduk/openafs/commits/prot
    see src/rxgk/draft-wilkinson-afs3-rxgk.xml

Pending Drafts
--------------

The following documents are pending for review. At this time I would ask the
group to continue to direct attention to the active rxgk work, before we revive
the pending drafts.  Please contact Jeff H or I if you would like to add a
document or subject to this list so we can focus our discussions.

    Integrating rxgk with AFS
    draft-wilkinson-afs3-rxgk-afs

    Adding Extended Authentication Names to the Bos Super User list
    draft-wilkinson-afs3-bos-identities

    Base Types for Time in AFS-3
    draft-keiser-afs3-xdr-union

    Extensible XDR Discriminated Union Primitive Type
    draft-keiser-afs3-xdr-union

    Adding a Flexible GetSize RPC Variant to the AFS-3 Volume Service
    draft-deason-afs3-getsizev2

    Data Transmission Over Out-of-Band Alternative Transports for AFS-3
    draft-deason-afs3-oob

    AFS-3 Directory Object Type Definition
    draft-keiser-afs3-directory-object

    AFS-3 Rx RPC XDR Primitive Type Definitions
    draft-keiser-afs3-xdr-primitive-types

    AFS-3 Protocol Capabilities Query Mechanism
    draft-keiser-afs3-capabilities

    AFS Callback Extensions (Draft 14)
    draft-benjamin-extendedcallbackinfo

    AFS Byte-Range Locking
    draft-mbenjamin-afs-file-locking

    AFSVol Tag-Length-Value Remote Procedure Call Extensions
    draft-tkeiser-afs3-volser-tlv
    Depends on:
       draft-keiser-afs3-xdr-union
       draft-keiser-afs3-capabilities