reviving rxgx-afs (was re: [AFS3-std] rxgk (protocol) error codes)

Michael Meffie mmeffie@sinenomine.net
Tue, 22 Jan 2013 13:17:47 -0500

> > Hello Ben,
> >
> > This looks fine to me. Hearing no objections, do you have any other updates
> > planned before making a draft 03 of the rxgk i-d?  Otherwise, do you have a
> > timeline in mind for the draft 03? I would like to make call for consesus.
>
> [We discussed this on OpenAFS Jabber today]
> I think Simon plans to submit a new I-D tomorrow, but there remain a few
> tweaks that will be needed before we finalize the document.
> In particular, placing limits on the length of variable-length arrays on
> the wire and distinguishing which errors should be sent as aborts versus
> in-band codes come to mind.
>
> That said, I don't know of any major issues outstanding with this
> document, and it may be time to move our focus to the rxgk-afs document.
> There is some chance that discussion on that latter document could cause
> us to want to change portions of the rxgk document.

I hope we do not need to make any more changes to the rxgk document, but
as we discussed, it may be wise to progress rxgk and rxgk-afs as a set.

That being said, are there any objections to starting the review of rxgk-afs
in earnest and tabling all discussion on the rxgk document?

Can we get a list of the open issues and a time line on when we think we can
have a draft for review?

Thank you,
Mike

--