[AFS3-std] rxgk implementation notes

Simon Wilkinson simon@sxw.org.uk
Fri, 1 Mar 2013 21:02:46 +0000

> I'm still not sure whether maxcalls is supposed to be RX_MAXCALLS (4) =
or max(call_numbers).

It is an indication of the number of call channels supported by the =
current RX stack. So, currently it would always be RX_MAXCALLS. However, =
there is a long standing plan to raise the number of calls that one rx =
connection can support, and that's much easier if rxgk already has the =
ability to do so.

However, that same information is available from call_numbers.len, =
providing you require that call numbers be provided for all call =
channels, not just those which have been active in the life of the =
connection, so we should probably just remove maxcalls from the =
authenticator.

Cheers,

Simon.=