[AFS3-std] 2014 Elections Process and Call for Nominations

Jeffrey Hutzelman jhutz@cmu.edu
Tue, 26 Aug 2014 12:19:21 -0400

On Wed, 2014-08-06 at 16:13 -0400, Jeffrey Hutzelman wrote:

> Consistent with the constraints described in section 2.2.2, this
> election will proceed along the following timeline:
>
> Jul  1  Eligibility Cutoff (see below)
> Aug  6  Call for nominations
> Aug 25  Nominations close - 23:59 UTC
> Sep  1  Call for votes
> Sep 15  Voting closes     - 23:59 UTC
> Sep 22  Results announced
> Oct  1  New chair takes office

> As shown in the above timeline, nominations are open for a period of 19
> days from today, ending at 23:59 UTC on August 25, 2014.  Nominations
> received after that time will not be considered.

Per the above timeline, nominations closed yesterday evening.

Nominations were received for Mike Meffie, Andrew Deason, Simon
Wilkinson, and Ben Kaduk.  The nominations of Mike Meffie and Simon
Wilkinson were seconded; the others were not.  Andrew Deason declined
his nomination.

That leaves Mike Meffie and Simon Wilkinson as candidates.  Mike has
accepted his nomination, but Simon has as yet not said anything.
Therefore, my next step will be to contact Simon and find out whether he
is willing to act as chair.

-- Jeff