[AFS3-std] 2015 Elections Process and Call for Nominations

Jeffrey Hutzelman jhutz@cmu.edu
Mon, 05 Oct 2015 18:31:57 -0400

On Fri, 2015-08-21 at 11:24 -0400, Jeffrey Hutzelman wrote:
> This message serves as a call for nominations for candidates to
> serve as chairs of the afs3-standardization group.  Please read on
> for details on how the process will work and how to register your
> nomination(s).
>
> Since this group has yet to formally adopt a permanent charter, I am
> assuming that we are still operating under the process described in
> draft-wilkinson-afs3-standardisation-00.txt.  The elections process is
> described in section 2.2.2 of that document.
>
> The current chairs are Michael Meffie and myself; my term ends this
> year, and Mike's a year from now.  The normal process calls for the
> existing chairs, including the outgoing chair, to act as vote-takers.
> I will not be running for re-election, so Mike and I will both act
> as vote-takers.
>
> Consistent with the constraints described in section 2.2.2, this
> election will proceed along the following timeline:
>
> Jul  1  Eligibility Cutoff (see below)
> Aug 21  Call for nominations
> Sep  4  Nominations close - 23:59 UTC
> Sep 11  Call for votes
> Sep 25  Voting closes     - 23:59 UTC
> Sep 28  Results announced
> Oct  1  New chair takes office

It occurs to me that I haven't sent any updates on this.

As of the close of nominations on September 4, the following
individuals had been nominated:

Andrew Deason
Marc Dionne
Adam Glasgall
Chaskiel Grundman
Ben Kaduk
Alejandro Sedeno

Adam and Alejandro both declined before their nominations could be
seconded.  The remaining nominations were all seconded, but Andrew,
Marc, and Chaskiel all declined, leaving Ben Kaduk as the only nominee.

I checked with Ben, and he confirmed that he is willing to serve.

In the event there is only one eligible nomination, no election is
required, and the nominee automatically takes office.

Therefore, I am pleased to welcome Ben Kaduk as the newest chair of this
group.  Ben replaces me as of October 1, and will serve through 2017.
Mike Meffie's term continues through the end of September, 2016.

-- Jeff