[Foundation-discuss] OpenAFS needs people

Dave Botsch botsch@cnf.cornell.edu
Thu, 22 Oct 2015 16:58:03 -0400

Sure.

W.r.t. the roles, should we be looking at volunteer/nominated, first?
Obviously, at this moment, we don't have the funding in place to hire
someone full time (but that could be a funding goal, certainly..
.question is, what do we want to try and get funding for).

Companies/institutions/etc can help us in one of two ways:

1. Money
2. Resources (be that a person devoting time or physical or virtual
infrastructure or contacts at other companies or knowledge)

W.r.t. the roles (and you can certainly respond privately if you aren't
comfortable putting out names) mentioned, are there suggestions on
particular people? We can have an open self nomination period and if we
don't get anyone, then talk to people we think would specifically be a
good match for said position.

And the last piece, which derives directly from the above, would be the
desired qualifications for each of the said roles. These can be more or
less specific or just general things.

Thanks.