[Foundation-discuss] Foundation Update

Stephan Wiesand stephan.wiesand@desy.de
Fri, 22 Apr 2016 19:29:54 +0200

Jeffrey,

there's a lot in your mail deserving a response, but this one point =
shouldn't drown in what already is a complex discussion:

On Apr 22, 2016, at 02:19 , Jeffrey Altman wrote:
> On 4/21/2016 2:02 PM, Stephan Wiesand wrote:
>> I really hope that's not true. The foundation is the last entity =
commanding any resources=20
>=20
> That is a bit insulting considering. Although I and AuriStor, Inc. =
have
> significantly curtailed our contributions, we still step up to put out
> the fires.

I apologize. It was not my intention to insult anyone (and yours are not =
the only toes I stepped on here). I do appreciate your and your team's =
involvement in the last security release, and I hope that this =
coordination and collaboration in firefighting can be sustained.

I'd also like to make clear that this isn't personal. I wish you, Daria, =
Marc, Simon and the rest of your team all success with your product.

I simply felt uneasy about you staking a claim to OpenAFS, its =
development process and its future direction. And obliged to either =
speak up or shut up and resign from the project.

Best regards,

	Stephan