[Foundation-discuss] Update on Foundation Insurance

Dave Botsch botsch@cnf.cornell.edu
Thu, 7 Jul 2016 10:13:39 -0400

Hi, all.

A quick insurance update.

Unfortunately, the quote we received from the insurance company was not
for the coverage we desire. So, we're going back and trying to get a new
quote for the right coverage. If that does not work out, then it will be
back to square one starting the RFQ process all over again.

We share your frustration that this is taking so long. After going
through the whole solicitation process, when quotes finally came back,
the quotes did not include any details. So ensued another round of
waiting.. finally the policy details (all 70 pages) came back.. sorta.
The enclosures were for the various addendums but not the declarations.
However, the addendums made it clear that the insurance was not for the
right thing.

Updates from us on the insurance process will continue. This is goal 1 -
goal 2 is an Apple Developer membership so that we can sign packages (on
a side note, I believe packaging changes for Mac have been submitted to
Git - these and other parts of testing/developing on Mac need help).

On behalf of the OpenAFS Foundation Board,

David William Botsch
Programmer/Analyst
@CNFComputing
botsch@cnf.cornell.edu