[Foundation-discuss] Update from the Foundation Board

Dave Botsch botsch@cnf.cornell.edu
Wed, 22 Jun 2016 14:19:54 -0400

All,

A quick update from the Foundation Board...

We are continuing to work on finalizing insurance. We have quotes in hand and
are looking those over. After the insurance is in hand, we'll be obtaining an
Apple Developer ID, and then working with Sine Nomine to make sure the new Mac
packaging is in GIT. And, we'll be able to sign OpenAFS Foundation Mac packages
that make Gatekeeper happy.

Our immediate goals are to finalize the insurance and to be able to digitally
sign Mac packages as well as any other distribution packages.  Your contributed
dollars (see our individual donation levels at
http://www.openafsfoundation.org/help/donate/ ) go directly to maintaining
insurance for the community of OpenAFS developers and maintaining the
enterprise professional memberships necessary for digitally signing packages.

We will then be in a position to approach companies for donations of manpower
and/or dollars to support projects such as IPv6 and funding of OpenAFS
developers and code reviewers and release managers.

I am sad to announce that David Boldt has resigned from the Foundation Board --
his thoughts and insights in keeping us on the right path forward will be
missed. We'd like to thank him for all the hard work he put in and do wish him
the best.

We were also remiss in properly extending thanks to Daria Brashear when she
resigned from the Board, and we would like to correct that oversight. Many
thanks to Daria for all she brought to the Board and to the Community. We would
not have gotten where we are nearly as easily without her considerable
knowledgebase.

If you are interested in helping out, please email the Foundation at
foundation@openafs.org .

On behalf of the OpenAFS Foundation Board...

--
David William Botsch