[Foundation-discuss] OpenAFS / AFS Workshop Call for Presentations

Dave Botsch botsch@cnf.cornell.edu
Wed, 24 Apr 2019 14:01:00 -0400

The OpenAFS Workshop is a community based effort to promote the
stability and growth of the AFS distributed file system and related
technologies. The workshop takes place Wednesday, June 19 - Friday, June
21 in Pittsburgh, PA at the Hyatt House Pittsburgh South Side.

We believe that all members of the AFS community have something valuable
to share with others. We invite you to submit a session proposal to
share your experience with colleagues in the AFS community. Sessions
types at the workshop include presentations, panels, tutorials, and
roundtable discussions.

Everyone is encouraged to speak.

Why Present

=E2=80=A2 Friendly Audiences
=E2=80=A2 Rewarding Experience
=E2=80=A2 Share Your Knowledge
=E2=80=A2 Contribute to the Community

Topics of Interest

Have a neat new tool you wrote that saves you time and effort? Tell us
about it. Have an idea you want to try out on a bunch of people? Tell us
about it. Have you done some performance tuning, benchmarking, or
automated testing? We would love to hear more!

=E2=80=A2 Site Reports
=E2=80=A2 Best Practices
=E2=80=A2 Case studies and use cases for AFS
=E2=80=A2 =E2=80=9CBirds of a Feather=E2=80=9D (BOF) sessions
=E2=80=A2 AFS projects
=E2=80=A2 Training & tutorials
=E2=80=A2 Or anything else you would like to discuss or showcase.

Submission Guidelines
Deadline for submission: May 31, 2019

Proposals should contain:

=E2=80=A2 Your name and affiliation
=E2=80=A2 Session title
=E2=80=A2 A brief summary of the topic
=E2=80=A2 Time requirements

Multiple proposals are welcome from the same individual or organization.
Speakers should also register for the Workshop.

Please send your proposals for consideration to
openafs.workshop@gmail.com with the subject 2019 cfp.

--=20
David William Botsch
OpenAFS Foundation Board