[OpenAFS-announce] It's our second birthday!

Derrick J Brashear shadow@dementia.org
Thu, 31 Oct 2002 10:43:05 -0500 (EST)

2 years ago today, IBM announced they'd made source for what they called
OpenAFS available from their Open Source website.

In the intervening time since that date, 3 series of releases have
happened, encompassing additions both spectacular and mundane. We've
modernized the build system, added long-sought features, and even started
a serious code cleanup effort. We added support for new platforms, and
resurrected some old ones.

And, we're not done.

In honor of our birthday, we invite you to visit
http://www.openafs.org/release/latest.html

There will be free downloads all day!(*)

Derrick Brashear
For everyone involved in the OpenAFS project

* - Ok, so we had free downloads yesterday, and we will again tomorrow. We
can't offer you anything cool, so hopefully this will suffice.