[OpenAFS-announce] OpenAFS 1.5.14 release available
Derrick J Brashear
Fri, 19 Jan 2007 14:10:11 -0500 (EST)
The OpenAFS Gatekeepers announce the availability of OpenAFS
version 1.5.14. Source files and available binaries can be
accessed via the web at:
or via AFS at:
For Microsoft Windows users, 1.5.14 is the latest recommended release
* CIFS corrections: browsing directories with only lookup privilege, and
read-only files can no longer be deleted accidently.
* PAGs are now registered as a single large group when possible.
* Configure tests for the Linux kernel try harder to notice errors.
* The cred pool has been removed to avoid a deadlock.
* The s390x system call table can now be hooked.
* system call table hooking now uses improved range checking.
* Locking is now tracked by thread in the client.
* New interfaces in Solaris 10 are used when possible.
* The AFS mount entry shows more synthetic free disk space.
All UNIX platforms:
* Split cache (devoted space for read write or read only volume data in
the cache) has been improved.
* Server fake IP address support has been fixed.
* A server crash when AFS 3.4 jumbograms are received is fixed.
* Dead (expired) token handling in the client has been improved.
* pts chown and rename crashes have been fixed.
* asetkey builds with Heimdal.
* afsdb support in the client has been made more robust across address
* A bug in 1.5.13 vos release which can leave unused files around is fixed.
* The vldb_check tool can now do repairs.
* The fileserver's handling of expired tokens has been improved.
* A crash in butc has been fixed.
Please assist the gatekeepers by deploying this release and providing
positive or negative feedback. Bug reports should be filed to
email@example.com . Reports of success should be sent to
for the OpenAFS Gatekeepers