[OpenAFS-announce] OpenAFS 1.4.5 release updated

Derrick J Brashear openafs-info@openafs.org
Sat, 10 Nov 2007 17:49:45 -0500 (EST)

The OpenAFS Gatekeepers announce the availability of additional and
replacement binaries for OpenAFS version 1.4.5.  Source files and
available binaries can be accessed via the web at:

       http://www.openafs.org/dl/openafs/1.4.5/

or via AFS at:

       /afs/grand.central.org/software/openafs/1.4.5/
       \\afs\grand.central.org\software\openafs\1.4.5\

Fedora Core 8 RPMs are now provided, and rebuilt MacOS 10.4 and 10.5
installers with correct ReadMe files in the Installer, and universal
afssettings helper binaries are now available.

This is the current recommended release for all Unix platforms; For Windows, we
recommend use of the current 1.5 series release for best performance, and we do
not expect to provide OpenAFS 1.4.5 binaries for Windows.

Bug reports should be filed to openafs-bugs@openafs.org.

Thanks are due to Simon Wilkinson for providing builds for Fedora Core 8.

Derrick J Brashear
for the OpenAFS gatekeepers