[OpenAFS-announce] OpenAFS 1.4.7 release available

Derrick J Brashear openafs-info@openafs.org
Thu, 1 May 2008 21:45:38 -0400 (EDT)

The OpenAFS Gatekeepers announce the availability of OpenAFS version
1.4.7.  Source files and available binaries can be accessed via the web at:

       http://www.openafs.org/dl/openafs/1.4.7/

or via AFS at:

       /afs/grand.central.org/software/openafs/1.4.7/
       \\afs\grand.central.org\software\openafs\1.4.7\

This is the current recommended release for all Unix platforms; For Windows, we
recommend use of the current 1.5 series release for best performance, and we do
not expect to provide OpenAFS 1.4.6 binaries for Windows.

This release contains a number of client and server bugfixes, including:
- fileserver avoids potential network-related deadlock when breaking
   callbacks.

Bug reports should be filed to openafs-bugs@openafs.org.

Thanks are due as usual to our dedicated team of binary builders
(Chaskiel Grundman, Tom Keiser, Davor Ocelic, Simon Wilkinson) without
whom the broad range of released binaries would not be possible.

Additionally, the revised web pages for the binary releases are
again possible thanks to the work of Steve Devine and Eric Holp.

Derrick J Brashear
for the OpenAFS gatekeepers