[OpenAFS-announce] Google Summer of Code 2010 projects announced!

Derrick Brashear openafs-info@openafs.org
Mon, 26 Apr 2010 15:29:59 -0400

Today, Google announced the acceptance of Summer of Code projects for 2010.
While we could not accept all the students we hoped to, we are very
excited about
this year's projects. OpenAFS has updated the GSoC page at
http://www.openafs.org/gsoc.html
to reflect the list of accepted projects.

The Google Summer of Code site
http://socghop.appspot.com/org/home/google/gsoc2010/openafs
contains further details on the proposals.

Our students will be introducing themselves on the openafs-devel
mailing list; Please
welcome them and help them get up to speed with OpenAFS so we and they can
enjoy another successful Summer of Code

The accepted students and their projects:

An alternate implementation of a userspace helper interface for Linux kafs
Student: Weylan (Wang) Lei

A port of OpenAFS to NetBSD
Student: Matt Smith

Encrypted storage
Student: Sanket Agarwal

Unix or Windows Cache Manager support for Apple Doublefiles (Extended
/ POSIX Attributes)
Student: Kelli Ireland

Implementing Microsoft's Safe String (StrSafe.h) Library for UNIX/Linux
Student: Jonas Sundberg

--
Derrick
for the OpenAFS gatekeepers