[OpenAFS-announce] OpenAFS 1.4.14 release available

Derrick J Brashear openafs-info@openafs.org
Thu, 6 Jan 2011 16:53:08 -0500 (EST)

The OpenAFS Gatekeepers are pleased to announce the availability of OpenAFS
version 1.4.14.  Source files and available binaries can be accessed via
the web at:

       http://www.openafs.org/dl/openafs/1.4.14/

or via AFS at:

       /afs/grand.central.org/software/openafs/1.4.14/
       \\afs\grand.central.org\software\openafs\1.4.14\

OpenAFS 1.4.14 is the current production release for all Unix platforms; For
Windows, we recommend use of the current 1.5 series release for best
performance, and we do not expect to provide OpenAFS 1.4 series binaries for
Windows.

OpenAFS 1.4.14 contains fixes for a number of issues, including:

Linux:
- Support kernels through 2.6.37.
- Fixes for error handling in flock vnode operations.

All platforms:
- Fixes to avoid a double free in the Rx RPC library.

Bug reports should be filed to openafs-bugs@openafs.org.

Thanks are due as usual to our dedicated team of binary builders
(Chaz Chandler, Douglas Engert, Christof Hanke and Simon
Wilkinson) without whom the broad range of released binaries would not be
possible.

Additional builds will be available for 1.4.14 as they become available,
and Linux RPMs will be provided as possible for new kernels.

Derrick J Brashear
for the OpenAFS gatekeepers