[OpenAFS-announce] OpenAFS Server Virtual Machine

Evan Macbeth openafs-info@openafs.org
Thu, 28 Feb 2013 13:30:17 +0000

--_000_F70249E6E0E34D4186969B5F38B6CECE0C5D02ORD2MBX03Bmex05ml_

Sine Nomine Associates =96 AFS Server Virtual Machine

Sine Nomine Associates proudly announces a Technology Preview of our AFS Se=
rver Virtual Machine for OpenAFS sites. In response to discussions on lists=
 and with our customers, we have developed an OpenAFS Server Virtual Machin=
e intended to function as an appliance at sites that need to expand their s=
erver capacity quickly, efficiently, and in a way that integrates with exis=
ting server technology.

The OpenAFS Appliance can be used as a fileserver or database server. It is=
 delivered as a single file in the standard Open Virtualization OVA format.=
 The server is designed for end-user configuration, and can be added to an =
existing AFS cell quickly and easily. The resulting server functions like a=
ny other fileserver or database server in the cell to which it is added.

The Technology Preview of the Server Appliance represents an opportunity fo=
r customers to try this solution in their environment and provide feedback =
to Sine Nomine Associates. (The Server Virtual Machine has completed its Be=
ta testing.) For that reason, we are asking only a nominal fee for this sol=
ution, to cover our costs to customize the Server Virtual Machine for each =
customer.  If you are interested in the appliance, please contact Evan Macb=
eth at emacbeth@sinenomine.net or 703-723-6673 x1223.

--
Evan D. Macbeth =96 Director of OpenAFS
Sine Nomine Associates

--_000_F70249E6E0E34D4186969B5F38B6CECE0C5D02ORD2MBX03Bmex05ml_

<head>
252">
</head>
e-break: after-white-space; ">
ne Associates =96 AFS Server Virtual Machine</font></div>
ne Associates proudly announces a Technology Preview of our AFS Server Virt=
ual Machine for OpenAFS sites. In response to discussions on lists and with=
 our customers, we have developed an
 OpenAFS Server Virtual Machine intended to function as an appliance at sit=
es that need to expand their server capacity quickly, efficiently, and in a=
 way that integrates with existing server technology.&nbsp;</font></div>
FS Appliance can be used as a fileserver or database server. It is delivere=
d as a single file in the standard Open Virtualization OVA format. The serv=
er is designed for end-user configuration,
 and can be added to an existing AFS cell quickly and easily. The resulting=
 server functions like any other fileserver or database server in the cell =
to which it is added.</font></div>
ology Preview of the Server Appliance represents an opportunity for custome=
rs to try this solution in their environment and provide feedback to Sine N=
omine Associates. (The Server Virtual
 Machine has completed its Beta testing.) For that reason, we are asking on=
ly a nominal fee for this solution, to cover our costs to customize the Ser=
ver Virtual Machine for each customer. &nbsp;If you are interested in the a=
ppliance, please contact Evan Macbeth
 at emacbeth@sinenomine.net or 703-723-6673 x1223.</font></div>
ize: 14px; ">
ize: 14px; ">

--_000_F70249E6E0E34D4186969B5F38B6CECE0C5D02ORD2MBX03Bmex05ml_--