[OpenAFS-announce] OpenAFS 1.7.23 released for Microsoft Windows
Sun, 24 Mar 2013 11:48:01 -0400
OpenAFS 1.7.23 is the next a series of OpenAFS clients for the Microsoft
Windows platform that is implemented as a native file system.
Significant changes since 1.7.22:
* Added registry value "VolumeInfoReadOnlyFlag" which can be
used to alter whether or not Volume Information includes the
FILE_READ_ONLY_VOLUME flag for .readonly and .backup volumes.
Defaults to "off" for Win7 and earlier and "on" for Win8 and above.
Required because of an Explorer Shell bug when drive letters are
mapped to AFS UNC paths.
* Fix assorted file attribute consistency checks.
* Reduced CPU overhead when afs redirector trace logging is disabled.
* NPCancelConnection must not cancel connections to drive
mappings when the cancelation request only provides a UNC path
and no local name.
* NPAddConnection to a UNC path without a local name should succeed
even if there already exists such a connection.
* Permit CreateSymbolicLink API to create symlinks in volume root
* Export Microsoft Symlink Reparse Data with the substitution string
in a format compatible with NTFS Symlinks. Robocopy can now be used
to copy Symlinks from AFS to NTFS and vice versa.
* Correct various conditions that could lead to BSOD or
1.7.23 is the recommended release of OpenAFS for Microsoft Windows
users. It supports Microsoft Windows client operating systems from
Windows XP SP3 through Windows 8 and Windows Server operating
systems from 2003 SP2 through 2012. The 1.7.23 Windows client is
fully compatible with all AFS server versions.
For UNIX, Linux, and MacOS X the recommended production-ready release of
OpenAFS is 1.6.2.
Source code and binaries can be downloaded from
Please visit http://www.openafs.org/windows.html for up to date
information on the status of the OpenAFS for Windows client.
Please send reports of successful deployments to
and report problems to
for the OpenAFS Gatekeepers