[OpenAFS-announce] OpenAFS 1.7.24 released for Microsoft Windows
Thu, 09 May 2013 18:50:53 -0400
OpenAFS 1.7.24 is the next a series of OpenAFS clients for the Microsoft
Windows platform that is implemented as a native file system.
Significant changes since 1.7.23:
* Prevents data corruption when mixing non-cached and
cached writes on the same file as performed by Firefox
and Internet Explorer.
* Corrects various conditions that could lead to BSOD.
* Improved application compatibility for drive letter mappings.
* Improved handling of token expiration.
* New Reparse Point Policy "Symlink to File reported as File"
configurable by registry value "ReparsePointPolicy" and file
* Less cpu intensive garbage collection in the afs redirector.
1.7.24 is the recommended release of OpenAFS for Microsoft Windows
users. It supports Microsoft Windows client operating systems from
Windows XP SP3 through Windows 8 and Windows Server operating
systems from 2003 SP2 through 2012. The 1.7.24 Windows client is
fully compatible with all AFS server versions.
For UNIX, Linux, and MacOS X the recommended production-ready release of
OpenAFS is 1.6.2.
Source code and binaries can be downloaded from
Please visit http://www.openafs.org/windows.html for up to date
information on the status of the OpenAFS for Windows client.
Please send reports of successful deployments to
and report problems to
for the OpenAFS Gatekeepers