[OpenAFS-announce] Call for Talks - 2020 AFS Technologies Workshop

Dave Botsch openafs-info@openafs.org
Wed, 13 Nov 2019 14:03:45 -0500

The 2020 AFS Technologies Workshop is a community based effort to
promote the stability and growth of the AFS distributed file system and
related technologies. The workshop takes place Monday, June 15 -
Wednesday, June 17 in Columbus, OH at Ohio State University.

We believe that all members of the AFS community have something valuable
to share with others. We invite you to submit a session proposal to
share your experience with colleagues in the AFS community. Sessions
types at the workshop include presentations, panels, tutorials, and
roundtable discussions.

Everyone is encouraged to speak.

Why Present

=E2=80=A2 Friendly Audiences
=E2=80=A2 Rewarding Experience
=E2=80=A2 Share Your Knowledge
=E2=80=A2 Contribute to the Community

Topics of Interest

Have a neat new tool you wrote that saves you time and effort? Tell us
about it. Have an idea you want to try out on a bunch of people? Tell us
about it. Have you done some performance tuning, benchmarking, or
automated testing? We would love to hear more!

=E2=80=A2 Site Reports
=E2=80=A2 Best Practices
=E2=80=A2 Case studies and use cases for AFS
=E2=80=A2 =E2=80=9CBirds of a Feather=E2=80=9D (BOF) sessions
=E2=80=A2 AFS projects
=E2=80=A2 Training & tutorials
=E2=80=A2 Or anything else you would like to discuss or showcase.

Proposals should contain:

=E2=80=A2 Your name and affiliation
=E2=80=A2 Session title
=E2=80=A2 A brief summary of the topic
=E2=80=A2 Time requirements

Multiple proposals are welcome from the same individual or organization.
Speakers should also register for the Workshop.

Please send your proposals for consideration to
openafs.workshop@gmail.com with the subject 2020 cfp.

--=20
David William Botsch
On behalf of the Board,