OpenAFS CVS Commit: openafs/src/vol by shadow
Thu, 06 Mar 2003 09:53:51 EST
Update of /cvs/openafs/src/vol
In directory GRAND.CENTRAL.ORG:/data/sb/openafs-stable-1.2/openafs/src/vol
This is mostly a rewrite of src/afs/afs_cell.c, and associated changes
to other things. Features of the new cell code:
* Persistent name-to-cell-number mapping across reboots, to ensure the
cell numbers in the dcache are meaningful. Stored in the new cache
* Allow cmdebug to query the cell number to cell name mapping.
* Allow clients to have an empty CellServDB as long as AFSDB is enabled
and ThisCell has AFSDB records.
* The home cell retains the setuid bit even if looked up via AFSDB.
* Dynroot gets its own cell, rather than piggybacking on cell 1.
* Cell 1 is no longer special; cell numbers are now semi-opaque.
* Convert cell traversal code to using GetCellByIndex rather than
directly poking at CellLRU / afs_xcell.
* Separate cells from aliases, which shouldn't have been the same
in the first place.
* Cleaner code (IMHO).
--- DELTA config for openafs-stable-1_2_x follows ---
STABLE12-new-and-maybe-improved-cell-code-20020822 openafs/src/vol/vnode.c 18.104.22.168 22.214.171.124