[OpenAFS-devel] sniffing/network analysis of AFS/OpenAFS

Love lha@stacken.kth.se
05 Nov 2000 23:56:35 +0100

jhutz@cmu.edu (Jeffrey Hutzelman) writes:

> On Fri, 3 Nov 2000, Neulinger, Nathan R. wrote:
>
> > In case anyone wasn't aware, I had added some AFS protocol support to the
> > GPL'd Ethereal network analyzer (www.ethereal.com) based on Ken Hornstein's
> > work on tcpdump. I am in the process of adding support for alot more of the
> > protocol (decoding certain frames in more detail, breaking out fields that
> > weren't already decoded, etc.) to it now. (Sure helps to have detailed
> > documentation of the protocol.)
>
> Um.  Last time I checked, there was no detailed documentation of Rx.
> Anywhere.  Or are you just talking about having the xg files for all of
> the major RPC interfaces?

Are you talking about Rx itself, or the rpc-calls ?

For the rpc-calls there is good documentation. Its somewhat outdated
(afs3.3 only) and contains some errors.

ftp://ftp.stacken.kth.se/pub/arla/prog-afs/doc/

Anyone know there the "source" to this documentation is ? So it can be
updated and corrected.

Love