[OpenAFS-devel] Stack size and pthread_attr_setstacksize

Sam Hartman hartmans@mit.edu
10 Nov 2000 20:50:32 -0500

    Sam> First, I noticed that uafs failed to compile on Debian
    Sam> unstable because src/afs/Ukernel/sysincludes.h defines
    Sam> pthread_attr_setstacksize to 0 just before including
    Sam> pthread.h.  Not surprisingly, this interacts poorly with the
    Sam> prototype in pthread.h.

    Sam> This ends up actually compiling successfully on Redhat 6.2.
    Sam> I'm not sure why and don't really have time to track it down,
    Sam> but I suspect something Redhat did may have caused pthread.h
    Sam> to get included earlier.

It turns out that it compiles on Redhat 6.2 even with the #define
removed, allowing the pthread_attr_setstacksize to show through from
the glibc header.  Does anyone know why Transarc thinks using this
primitive is a bad idea on Linux?