[OpenAFS-devel] modifying ptserver to treat empty s:a as susers

Sam Hartman hartmans@mit.edu
Sun, 19 Nov 2000 00:15:39 -0500 (EST)

There was discussion about using the susers list if
system:administrators was empty on openafs-info.  The hope was to
avoid  the need to ever run in noauth mode.
Looking at the code, it would be fairly easy to implement this.
However, I do not plan to do so at this time.

I now believe I have a potentially working copy of ptutil, the MIT
program to manage the prdb without using the ptserver.  This is more
powerful than the s:a change because it also allows you to attempt to
repair hacked or damaged prdbs.

Also, it avoids changing the authorization model before Jeff's work is
designed/fully proposed.

I believe Garry plans to contribute ptutil.