[OpenAFS-devel] oops on trying to unmount /afs [i386_linux24, SMP]

Chas Williams chas@cmf.nrl.navy.mil
Mon, 20 Nov 2000 17:58:18 -0500

>The best guess I have is that afsd tried to generate traffic and the afs
>module tries to process it while we're shutting down - perhaps something is
>not being done atomically?  I've never successfully unmounted AFS on this
>configuration, while I know that it works on 2.2 UP systems.

i saw this problem while debugging the linux 2.4 version of afs.
the sock_release() in LINUX/rx_knet.c is the 'culprit'.  the socket
is freed, but its looks like someone is still using it at the time.
i 'fixed' the problem by commenting sock_release() and printk'ing
a reminder.  perhaps a lock_kernel()/unlock_kernel() around the
sock_release()?