[OpenAFS-devel] more on the 2.2.18pre17 SMP cpu hog/etc.

Nathan Neulinger nneul@umr.edu
Thu, 30 Nov 2000 17:15:57 -0600

Never knew about the -debug option... Running it yielded the usual
output, then here is where the it starts flipping out:

SScall(137, 28)=0 afsd: Calling AFSOP_CACHEINODE for each of the 35000
files in '/afscache'

As soon as it starts that, the machine just turns into mush. I ran it
again with cacheinfo set to 3500 instead of 350000, and the result is
that it still brings it almost into the ground. I decided to let it run
through and see how long it would actually take, it seems like they were
taking a second or so each.

After a very long time, it actually finished and mounted /afs.

-- Nathan

CIS - Systems Programming                Fax: (573) 341-4216