[OpenAFS-devel] diagnosing my problem with ubik elections... bug in ubik

Ken Hornstein kenh@cmf.nrl.navy.mil
Tue, 03 Apr 2001 13:03:25 -0400

>Once I changed that, the lowestHost calculation is looking much better.
>Still not syncing up cause no one is ever sending a yes vote, but I'm still
>looking at that.

Just FYI: as part of the protocol, no one can send a "yes" vote for BIG
seconds after startup (I think "BIG" is something like 90, but I don't
remember).  If you're restarting it before that timer elapses, then
that might be part of the problem.

I have a document which describes the basic Ubik protocol which IMHO
is essential for debugging these sorts of things; Derrick, maybe it should
be added to the base distribution?  (If it isn't already).

--Ken