[OpenAFS-devel] Requesting clarification regarding volume size limit.

Kangesh Gunaseelan kangesh@real.com
Thu, 05 Apr 2001 13:35:04 -0700

Thanks for confirming the first part of my request.

What is the behavior of AFS when it comes to enforcing the limits?
For example, will AFS prevent a file from being copied to a volume if
that particular file's size causes  the size limit to exceed 8 GB?
If AFS allows copying to occur, what would be the side effects?
Or, is volume limit just a recommendation and not a hard limitation?

Thanks,
Kangesh